The revolutionary CO2 dry ice system for freeze branding
How to Use Brandabull Freeze Branding
Brandabull is an extremely low-cost, easy-to-use branding method and does not require any specific skill or experience.
- Connect the Brandabull dry ice gun to a standard liquid withdrawal CO2 gas bottle. Test for ice production.
- Clip the animal closely using a quality electric clipper to ensure the remaining hair is as short as possible.
- Check the animal’s identity to make sure you fill the correct digit mould. Brands are permanent.
- Holding the digit mould in your gloved hand, fill the cavity with dry ice. It is best to over-fill it.
- Flush the area to be branded with alcohol or methylated spirits to ensure good temperature transfer.
- Apply the digit mould with firm pressure and hold in place for at least 40 seconds (60 seconds on white cattle). Repeat the process with the next digits.
- Do not put your hand in the stream as serious burning could result from the -75 degrees centigrade (-103F) temperature
- It is recommended that you wear appropriate safety gear, as dry ice flakes can be dangerous to eyes and hands